DBX 166 XS
Adding a dbx® 166xs Compressor/Limiter/Gate to your live sound rig or studio gives you more dynamic control to help create a more polished, professional sound. Having compression in your audio chain gives you the ability to smooth out uneven levels, add sustain to guitars and fatten up your drums. It also makes it easy to bring vocals to the front of your mix - adding greater clarity and making them stand out from the surrounding instruments. To protect your expensive amps and speakers the PeakStop® limiter provides an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients that could damage your equipment.
dbx knows compressors...after all we invented them! The 166xs is the latest in a long line of the world's most successful compressors from the inventors of the technology. Its patented Overeasy® compression technology provides smooth and musical performance while the AutoDynamic™ attack and release controls, found only on dbx compressors, puts great sound within easy reach. The 166xs can operate in stereo or dual-mono modes, has true RMS power summing and features quality XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs. It cuts no corners on visual feedback with gain reduction metering and easy-to-read backlit switches.
- Error proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mono operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx® "Auto" mode